Client Experience Director
Are you a former senior level UX or Creative leader that has a talent for leading clients and selling in creative solutions? Or maybe you’ve worked as a department head within a UX or digital agency? Or you’re a business consultant with a focus on customer experience and specialize in helping clients through strategic initiatives?
We are on the hunt for a key team member with the combination of client service leadership, digital solutions expertise, experience design knowledge, and a business-minded approach.
At Mad*Pow, our Client Experience Directors (CXD) design the experience our clients have in working with us and as such are often former experience designers and creative leaders. CXDs work with leading organizations to deliver innovations that positively impact the lives and wellbeing of others and producing stellar business results. This isn’t your typical agency Account Management role.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth client experience as we help deliver transformational, large-scale, complex projects. You are the voice of the client in-house helping contribute to the work, while being the client's business point of contact and trusted advisor. You should have very strong communication skills and possess the finesse to navigate complex organizations with grace, building strong trust relationships with key executive client contacts.
You’ll be supported by some of the best - a solid team of experience specialists, research geniuses and technology pros. But you should also be able to speak to creative rationale, user experience tenets, behavior change principles and maybe some technology aspects in your own right. You must have a business mindset that’s been forged by experience. You have developed the ability to provide the business lens on our work, framing deliverables in terms of the outcomes and business objectives we aim to achieve.
It goes without saying, you should be a great relationship person with excellent presentation skills and the ability to command a meeting.
As the Client Experience Director, you will be joining a dedicated team with a mission of building long-lasting relationships with key clients at one of the best strategic design consultancy in the area.
This is a full time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a growing company, competitive salary and great benefits. For this role, the Client Experience Director leads major accounts out of either the Boston or Portsmouth office.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Working closely with creative and technology teams to choreograph and orchestrate our work ensuring a best in class experience for our clients
- Fostering strong relationships and collaboration with cross-discipline teams that include Experience Research, Visual Designer, Experience Designer, Project Management and Creative Technologists
- Learning the client’s business and their internal politics, workflow and other dynamics to proactively help them deliver high-impact results and making them heroes
- Leading client-facing meetings helping frame solutions and showcase our talent
- Promoting the expansion of business within existing accounts through positive experiences with Mad*Pow teams
- Working closely with Project Management to plan efforts keeping overall project risk low and helping maximize resource utilization and profitability
- Using your skills to push clients, and the agency creatively and strategically
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
- 7+ years relevant experience, ideally in an agency environment
- Experience in professional client relationship management either as a discipline leader or in a dedicated role
- Confident enough to present strong recommendations, but also open to hearing new ideas from teammates and/or the client (a confident humility)
- True passion for experience design a strong understanding of what great experience design is and understanding of why it’s critical
- Curiosity to learn our client’s business and diligence to track industry trends
- A natural relationship-builder with the uncanny ability to make friends-for-life of client contacts
- Familiarity and experience in the Healthcare, Financial Services and/or Education verticals not required but a big plus
- Willingness to contribute - you’re not a ‘fly on the wall’ in collaborative sessions. Yes, we want to hear your thoughts and opinions!
- Collaborative - you like being a member of the design family
- Independent - you work well within a team and can manage your time and deadlines
- Professional - you can dress up once in a while and meet our clients, with occasional travel
- Confident – you are comfortable communicating with clients and stakeholders
- You absolutely love what you do
Mad*Pow is a design agency that improves the experiences people have with technology, organizations, and each other. Using human-centered design, Mad*Pow creates strong multi-channel experience strategies, intuitive digital experiences and streamlined processes for its clients. Founded in 2000, Mad*Pow has partnered with industry leaders including Cigna, ESPN, Pearson, adidas, John Hancock, Microsoft, and Google. Mad*Pow has received honors for design excellence by the Webby Awards and the W3C. The company has offices in Boston and Portsmouth, NH.
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision and dental care
- Retirement account contributions
- Casual dress
- Flexible vacation
- Extended company holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Creative work environment
APPLY THROUGH THIS ONLINE PORTAL AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- A cover letter with salary requirements and highlights why YOU are the next Mad*Power
- Your resume