Client Experience Director
Although we do not currently have a specific opening for this role, we are always looking for qualified candidates. Please submit an application to be kept on file for any future openings.
Mad*Pow’s greatest asset is our people. We are on the hunt for a key team member with the combination of passionate client service leadership and business-minded smarts. We are looking for a Client Experience Director interested in working with leading organizations to deliver innovations that positively impact the lives and wellbeing of others.
As the Client Experience Director, you will be joining a newly minted team with a mission of building long-lasting relationships with key clients. Client Experience Directors lead by providing strategic counsel derived from industry insights and category expertise, helping our clients transform their organizations and surpass the competition. The Client Experience Director will work to drive account growth and expand the agency footprint by driving high-quality outcomes while protecting project profitability.
You understand Design, Technology and UX tenets, but also our client’s businesses and its dynamics. You likely have dozens of projects under your belt and work in a highly collaborative manner using your skills to push clients, and the agency creatively and strategically. You might be a former Design or UX leader but are known for your ability to inspire trust with clients.
This is a full time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a growing company, competitive salary and great benefits. For this role, the Client Experience Director leads major accounts out of the Boston office.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading client-facing meetings helping frame solutions and showcase our talent
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Learning the client’s politics, workflow and other dynamics to proactively help them deliver high-impact results
- Promoting the expansion of business within existing accounts
- Reviewing project KPI’s and making the necessary adjustments to protect and drive profitability per project
- Working closely with Project Management to plan efforts keeping overall project risk low and helping maximize resource utilization
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration with cross-discipline teams that include Experience Research, Visual Designer, Experience Designer, Project Management and Creative Technologists
- Using your skills to push clients, and the agency creatively and strategically
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
- 7+ years relevant experience, ideally in an agency environment
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management either as a discipline leader or in a dedicated role
- Confident enough to present strong recommendations, but also open to hearing new ideas from teammates and/or the client (a confident humility)
- True passion for experience design a strong understanding of what great experience design is and understanding of why it’s critical
- Curiosity to learn our client’s business and diligence to track industry trends
- A natural relationship-builder with the uncanny ability to make friends-for-life of client contacts
- Willingness to contribute - you’re not a ‘fly on the wall’ in collaborative sessions. Yes, we want to hear your thoughts and opinions!
- Collaborative - you like being a member of the design family
- Independent - you work well within a team and can manage your time and deadlines
- Professional - you can dress up once in a while and meet our clients, with occasional travel
- Confident – you are comfortable communicating with clients and stakeholders
- You absolutely love what you do
Mad*Pow is a design agency that improves the experiences people have with technology, organizations, and each other. Using human-centered design, Mad*Pow creates strong multi-channel experience strategies, intuitive digital experiences and streamlined processes for its clients. Founded in 2000, Mad*Pow has partnered with industry leaders including Cigna, ESPN, Pearson, adidas, John Hancock, Microsoft, and Google. Mad*Pow has received honors for design excellence by the Webby Awards and the W3C. The company has offices in Boston and Portsmouth, NH.
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision and dental care
- Retirement account contributions
- Casual dress
- Flexible vacation
- Extended company holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Creative work environment
APPLY THROUGH THIS ONLINE PORTAL AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- A cover letter with salary requirements and highlights why YOU are the next Mad*Power
- Your resume