Visual Experience Design Intern
Mad*Pow’s greatest asset is our people. We are seeking a talented, passionate and multifaceted design student or graduate who has great visual design skills and is excited to take on new challenges and grow professionally. And, of course, our perfect match is looking for a new relationship with an energetic agency.
As a Visual Experience Design Intern, your primary task will be to support the Mad*Pow design team with live projects for current clients. At Mad*Pow, a visual experience designer is more than just a graphic designer, interface designer, or wireframe painter—they are always thinking about the human on the other end of their designs and believe the visual language of a system gives meaning to the entire digital experience. If you are passionate about color, typography, and hierarchy for all the same reasons you care about accessibility, efficiency, and human-centered design, you might be a great fit!
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- True passion for innovative, human-centered visual design
- Extreme attention to pixel perfect detail
- Independent drive, a self starter
- Highly collaborative and eager to participate
- Able to effectively manage your own time and deadlines on multiple simultaneous tasks
- Experience with responsive web design
- Experience with applications and data-rich design
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Collaborating. Sharing. Thinking. Creating. Revising. Perfecting.
- Conceptualizing, creating and/or extending a “visual system”
- Understanding and translating sketches into usable and beautiful designed interfaces
- Effectively collaborating with Experience Designers, Content Strategists, Developers and Clients throughout a project lifecycle`
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Professional experience or advanced coursework in graphic design, information design, visual experience design, or related experience
- Ability to commute to our Boston, MA office
This is a temporary, paid, part-time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a rapidly growing company. For this position, we will only look at candidates who can commute to Boston, MA. Duration and start date of this internship is flexible, but we are currently looking for a summer intern.
APPLY THROUGH THIS ONLINE PORTAL AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- A cover letter that highlights why YOU are the next Mad*Power
- Your portfolio
- Your resume